Position Vacancy: Learning Officer at Brimbank Libraries
Brimbank Libraries is seeking a Learning Officer to support and implement the Brimbank Lifelong Learning Strategy.
About the role:
Support and foster a wide range of strategic partnerships with Council, government, community, education providers and business to implement Brimbank’s Community Learning Strategy. Focus on supporting community consultation and promoting learning as a key aspect to other council policies and strategies.
Monitor progression and manage deliverables of a diverse group of stakeholders to ensure the outcomes of the strategy. Work with partners and stakeholders to identify gaps in learning opportunities and advocate to address disparities. Promote and disseminate positive messages about lifelong learning to increase engagement in learning across Brimbank’s diverse community through a range of communication channels.
The role sits within the Library Unit and reports to the Programs and Partnership Coordinator.
- Plan and implement the annual Brimbank Writers and Readers Festival (BWRF)
- Drive and facilitate the implementation of the Brimbank Community Learning Strategy
- Monitor progress against the strategy action points, providing updates to internal and external stakeholders
- Establish and develop partnerships with both internal and external groups, creating a forum for community consultation and engagement
- Identify and disseminate positive stories and share content to promote community learning across a diverse range of communication channels
- Prepare comprehensive reports, statistics, briefings and presentations surrounding the implementation
Skills & Experience
- Specialist experience in different lifelong learning and education principles
- Tertiary qualification in education, community development, librarianship or similar relevant field
- Excellent writing, organisational and project monitoring skills
- Strong ability to engage the community, both from a consultative and greater engagement perspective
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, ability to build partnerships and influence co-operation and engagement
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write successful grant applications
- Understanding of strategy implementation, managing outcomes and ensuring clear understanding of expectations
- Self-motivation, with a focus on continuous improvement and development mindset
For further information and how to apply click here: https://erecruit1.mercury.com.au/Brimbank/ViewPosition.aspx?id=MbdR+JfFKxQ=&jbc=ere
To discuss the position contact:
Danielle Marie – 9249 4171 or 0408 666 943
Pam Giumarra – 9249 4170