The Australian Coalition for Education and Development (ACED) was established in 2008 and brings together 15 non-government organisations in Australia working on education in global development with a particular focus on Education for All.
- To develop a common advocacy agenda amongst members for education as a human right and as a tool for international development
- To achieve the Sustainable Develop Goals (SDGs), especially as related to education and lifelong learning, and equity and access, and in particular SDG 4
- To affiliate with the Global Campaign for Education (GCE).
All ACED members are committed to increasing Australian aid to education, and supporting the education of disadvantaged children and adults in Australia and the world. ACED and participating organisations are non-government and not for profit. ACED has been an active participant in a range of consultations with both the Global Partnership for Education, the Global Campaign for Education and the International Council of Adult Education on the Sustainable Development Goals.
The High-level Political Forum (HLPF) 2020, auspiced by ECOSOC, was held on 7–16 July 2020. The HLPF is the central platform for follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals. ACED is part of the Education and Academia Stakeholder Group, one of the major groups of stakeholders (MGoS).
Read ACED HLPF media release.
Civil Society Spotlight Report
The Asia Pacific Civil Society Spotlight Reports on SDG 4 prepared by ASPBAE and national education coalitions in 16 countries in the Asia-Pacific Region (including ACED) were launched during the side event on ‘Education to End Inequality and Promote Peace’ of the UN High Level Political Forum (HLPF) 2019, July 10 in New York.
ACED Chair: Carolyn Johnstone
- Australian Council for International Development
- Australian Education Union
- Asia South Pacific Association for Basic and Adult Education
- Australian Volunteers for International Development
- Edmund Rice Foundation
- Plan International
- RMIT University
- Save the Children
- So They Can
- WAVE- Women in Adult & Vocational Education
- World Vision