Australian Learning Communities Network
The Australian Learning Communities Network (ALCN Inc) exists so that Australia becomes a nation of connected, life-long learning communities.
Report: Innovating in Learning Communities through the EcCoWell2 Approach
UNESCO Global Learning Cities
Local government learning strategies
- Brimbank City Council Learning Strategy 2018-2023 (Vic)
- Hume City Council – Learning together 2030 (Vic)
- Kentish Community Learning Plan and Strategy 2016 (Tas)
- Neighbourhood Houses and Community Centres Delivering in the City of Maribyrnong (Vic)
- Melton City Council – Community Learning Plan 2015-2018 (Vic)
- Wyndham City Council – Learning community strategy 2018-2023 (Vic)
- Wyndham City Council awarded the UNESCO Learning Cities award. UNESCO acknowledged Wyndham’s commitment to building a Learning City and helping residents improve their learning outcomes through lifelong learning.
Learning Community Framework and Measuring Impact Toolkit
This report builds on ACELG’s 2013 Learning as a Driver for Change project and in particular aligns the Learning Community Framework to UNESCO’s framework of the key features of learning cities.
Volume 1 includes a literature review of evaluation frameworks; an in-depth case study on evaluation practices; and background information on the development of the Measuring Impact Toolkit, designed to help local government practitioners create, adopt and evaluate a Community Learning Plan for their LGA. Volume 2 provides practical templates for planning and reporting, checklists, and further Australian examples of Community Learning Plans.
The framework will be a useful resource for communities embarking on developing a learning community strategy or evaluating one already in place. Learning Communities Framework and Measuring Impact Toolkit, Vol 2
Learning as a driver for change
This paper explores how learning partnerships between councils, their communities and learning organisations can help improve social outcomes, build community capabilities and strengthen community governance. A supplementary framework for the implementation of learning partnerships is also available.
These 2014 publications consist of a toolkit to accompany the framework, and a further report. Again, the toolkit is the practical resource to help communities set up a strong evidence base for their strategy that includes targets and measurable outcomes. ACELG Framework: Learning as a Driver for Change
UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning
The UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities is an international policy-oriented network providing inspiration, knowhow and best practice. https://uil.unesco.org/lifelong-learning/learning-citieGlobal Network of Learning Cities