Adult Learning Australia is seeking a Finance and Governance Manager.
POSITION: Finance and Governance Manager (General staff) – approx 16 hours p/w with flexible work arrangements available
REPORTS TO: Chief Operations Officer
AWARD: Education Services (Post-Secondary Education) Award 2010.
Adult Learning Australia (ALA) is the national peak body for adult and community education (ACE). ALA is a not-for-profit entity with both organisational and individual members in all states and territories who reflect the diversity of adult and community education.
Adult Learning Australia’s vision is for lifelong and lifewide learning for all Australians. Lifelong learning is learning throughout the adult years via the formal education system, in workplaces and through community participation.
Lifewide learning is developing the skills and knowledge required to engage in meaningful work; to participate fully as a citizen in a vibrant democracy; to live in harmony in a diverse, multicultural and rapidly changing society and to manage one’s health and personal wellbeing, particularly in the senior years.
PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
The Finance and Governance Manager is responsible for Board support and the financial functions of the ALA organisation and its charity arm, Learning Changes Lives Foundation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General accounting and online banking
- Investment portfolio review and reporting
- Annual budget and forecasts
- ATO requirements – BAS, IAS and Franking credit refunds
- Insurance – general and Workcover
- Managing payroll, superannuation, and portable long service leave
- Liaise with auditor for annual audit
- Project acquittals
- Maintain finance policy and relevant section of risk register
- Produce reports for and attend Finance and audit subcommittee
- Other duties as required
- Manage Board election and AGM administration
- Provide executive support to the Board and CEO
- Manage the charity reporting requirements for the ACNC and ASIC
- Manage the state fundraising licensing requirements
Organisational management and teamwork
- Participate in staff meeting and development workshops
- Provide advice on finance and governance issues as required
- Produce relevant papers/reports for Senior Management Team and Board as required
- Experience in all aspects of a finance/bookkeeping role.
- Experience providing administrative support in a customer service environment.
- Knowledge of Reckon Hosted or a similar computerised accounting system.
- Excellent data management skills including attention to detail and follow-up.
- Strong working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database computer packages.
- Capacity to work independently, seek advice when needed and problem solve.
- Provision of current Police Check
- Knowledge of web management tools.
- Knowledge of Adult and Community Education.
- Experience working with Apple, MS Office and Financial Software products including Reckon.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Terms and conditions of employment are based on the Education Services (Post-Secondary Education) Award 2010 and National Employment Standards (NES).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Catherine Devlin on 03 9689 8623 for details by 22 July 2022.