The ATO has prepared a range of resources to help Teachers and Education Professionals this tax time. It’s important that everyone understands what they can and can’t claim at tax time and how to best prepare and lodge their returns, especially after a challenging year.
This Q&A on Tax deductions for Educators provides answers to the following questions:
What deductions are available for educators working from home?
- Are there any eligibility requirements teachers have to meet to claim working from home expenses?
- Teachers can claim the cost of seminars, conferences and training courses that relate to their work. Due to travel restrictions, lots of professional learning has gone online only – how has this affected what teachers can and can’t claim?
- Lots of teachers spend time outdoors with students (meeting and greeting in the morning, playground duties, etc.). Can they claim for sunglasses, hats and other protective items such as sunscreen?
- So, we’ve mentioned some things already. What are some of the most common mistakes made by teachers and educational professionals when lodging their tax return?
- And, what about the common things that they are eligible to claim for, that are often missed?
Read the Tax deductions for Educators
Also, take a look here for more information: https://bit.ly/3h1Pas4