Position vacant: Literacy for Life
Yes, I Can! Aboriginal Adult Literacy Campaign
Campaign Project Officer, Walgett and Collarenebri, NSW
- Be part of grassroots approach to combat Indigenous inequalities
- Hands-on position implementing an innovative, high impact, literacy campaign full training in model provided
- 12 month assignment – once in a lifetime opportunity
- Attractive remuneration package for the right candidate with a base salary of $80,000
LFLF is seeking applications from highly motivated and experienced professionals to join our team. Since starting in Wilcannia in 2012 the Campaign has run in 5 western NSW communities graduating over 150 students. In 2016 we began in Walgett and in 2018 we plan to run a third class in Walgett and start in nearby Collarenebri.
For more information about the campaign, see www.lflf.org.au
About the role
The Campaign Project Officer will implement the three phase Yes, I Can! model in both sites. A copy of the Position Description is available from www.lflf.org.au.
Selection criteria: skills and experience
- Ability to work under Aboriginal leadership
- Willingness to undertake an ongoing program of Professional Development in the Literacy Campaign Model and its implementation
- Capacity to live and work in an isolated region
- 3 years’ experience working in Aboriginal Communities or equivalent
- Experience in adult education and /or community development
- Highly motivated with excellent community organising skills
- Outstanding written and IT communication skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in adult education & training, adult literacy, community development or equivalent
- Current Driver Licence and own vehicle
- Available to start November 2017
All other inquires can be directed to email@example.com.
How to apply
Your application should consist of:
- A covering letter outlining why you want to work with LFLF in this role.
- Claims against the selection criteria outlined above.
- Current resume (qualifications and experience) tailored to suit this role.
- Names and contact details of two referees including a recent supervisor.
Applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7 October 2017. All applications treated in confidence.