Sometimes people with disability need special arrangements to ensure the workplace offers satisfactory outcomes both for them and for their employers.
At this session, facilitators from ACE Disability will share their experience in disability and volunteer management. Topics covered will include:
- Why volunteers with disability?
- Key barriers to participation of people with disability in volunteering
- Overcoming barriers
- Implications of disability – intellectual disability, autism, mental health
- Recruitment of volunteers with disability
- Teaching people with disability
- The right relationship
- Who can help?
- What can go wrong?
- Where to from here?