We believe that lifelong learning empowers people to fully participate in the social, cultural, political and economic life of our communities.
For 57 years, we have been a strong national voice for the recognition and celebration of adult and community education.
Becoming a member is a great way to support lifelong and lifewide learning. Our members play an important role in shaping our policies, informing our research and strengthening our advocacy.
Join our thriving ALA community to receive the following benefits:
- Quest, our quarterly magazine, offering an informative mix of news, analysis and stories about adult learning from around Australia
- Representation, working with community, business and government to advocate for the importance of an integrated and well-resourced adult education sector
- Australian Journal of Adult Learning, our A rated journal, showcasing the theory, latest research and practice in adult learning
- Forums and online webinars, focussing on your professional learning needs
- News, events and opportunities, keeping you up to date with developments in the sector
- National research, giving insight into and recommendations for ways ACE can continue to respond to Australians who face barriers that limit their ability to access and take part in lifelong learning
- Discounts on special events, including ALA forums and conference
- Member dashboard, including archived webinars and podcasts, Quest and AJAL library, minutes of stakeholder meetings, and governance documents
- Special interest networks, connecting you to language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) professional development, validation sessions and resources, and/or the ACE Disability Network for advice, training and news (networks are an additional cost).
Organisational members also receive:
- Access for staff to professional development webinars and member dashboard
- Access to online meeting room
- Prioritised listing in the online not for profit ACE provider directory
- Use of ALA logo for advertising and promotion
- Free advertising of jobs and events
- Listing on Community Education and Training website (for ACE RTOs only).
(Full price: $105, Concession: $85)
(Cat A: $295, Cat B: $220, Concession: $150)
Admission to any membership category requires acceptance of the ALA Member Code of Conduct and is at the discretion of the ALA Board.