ALA is committed to evidence based advocacy, using our own research and other research from the field. Our mission is for equitable access to Lifelong and Lifewide Learning for All Australians. We advocate on the basis of our policy platform, which has been negotiated with our broader membership.
State and national peak bodies
Adult Learning Australia has a broad and ambitious policy agenda which impacts many individuals, organisations and communities. We are committed to working cooperatively with the various peak and membership bodies working within this space to maximise our efforts, including the following organisations.
State-based peak organisations
- Neighbourhood Houses Victoria
- Lifelong Learning Council of Queensland
- Community Centres South Australia (CCSA)
- Adult Community Education Victoria (ACEVic)
National peak organisations
- ACE Disability Network
- Australian Neighbourhood Houses and Centres Association
- Australian Council of Adult Literacy
- Australian Learning Communities Network
- Australian Men’s Shed’s Association
- Community Colleges Australia
- Women in Adult and Vocational Education
- National Seniors
- Department of Education and Training
- Department of Industry, Science and Innovation
- Department of Social Services
- Department of Education and Training (VIC), Adult, Community and Further Education Division
Download our policy statement May 2015.